The Mac is a great tool for writers, with a plethora of software available for any kind of writing. It doesn't matter if you're a student spending long nights on your big paper, a journalist writing up your latest scoop, or a novelist furiously typing away on your next opus — there's an app for you on the Mac. Writing Kit is the app I use to write each and every post for Cult of Mac. It is a plain text/markdown editor with Dropbox support, and is perfect for writing and researching at the same time. Ulysses is a hybrid writing program and note taking app. If you find yourself needing to transform your notes from raw form into something presentable, then Ulysses lets you do that all across your Mac devices. You can take notes in a plain text mode and then throw in another theme for export.
Features and functions:
· This is one of the best and most popularfree script writing software for Macwhich supports not just scriptwriting but all kinds of preproduction functions.
· This is an extremely media rich platform and is ideal for aspiring writers.
· It also lets people format their scripts.
Pros of Celtx
· One of the best things about thisfree script writing software for Macis that it offers powerful editing tools.
· This software is great for breaking down scripts and this is a positive about it as well.
· This software is ideal for new and aspiring writers and also for professional ones.
Cons of Celtx
· One of the negatives of this platform is that online collaboration features are not very clear.
· It can be slow to learn and this is a drawback as well.
· It is supported by many ads and this can prove frustrating.
1. Perfect for what I do.
2. You have to be online to use the PDF formatting tool
3. It’s nice to have such a solid, professional tool for my pre-production work.